Ah, men. Much as I adore all the boys in my life, most of them (bar the four-year-old) are pretty tricky to buy for. If he’s behaved himself, here’s what he might find under the tree this year.
1.Fair Isle jumper, now £48, Boden
To quote my husband – the good thing about leaving your present shopping to the nth hour is that the sales tend to start so can nab yourself more bang for your buck. Pragmatic. This is the classy version of a Christmas jumper, and it’s incredibly cosy. A Christmas must.
2. Framed print from £65, King & McGaw
From vintage London Transport prints to contemporary works, this site is a treasure trove of art options.
3. Claus Porto Spiced Citrus soap, £14, Mr Porter
A classy stocking-filler that’s nice enough to, ahem, borrow.
4. DJ mini mixer, £20, Oliver Bonas
For the wannabe DJ in your life.
5. Recycled wool beanie, £25, Arket
Quality and design on a budge from this uber-hip Scandi brand. Comes in a variety of colours.
6. Wine subscription, from £29.89 per month for 3 months, Le Petit Ballon
Chi chi French wine club, every sommelier-selected delivery comes with tasting notes. You can upgrade the package if buying for a wine buff.
7. The Colour of Time: A New History of the World, 1850-1960 by Dan Jones, £14.34
Simple idea: take black and white photographs of historic moments and colour them in. Brilliant executed; highly effective.
8. Bose Soundlink bluetooth speaker, £129.99, Selfridges
Clever technology for the present win.
9. Cashmere scarf, £75, The White Company
Wrap him up in your love. (Or borrow it yourself.)
10. Wusthof classic chef’s knife, £99.95, Amazon
For wannabe masterchefs.