Our favourite family recipe website, Cooking Them Healthy, has relaunched today. A one-stop shop of utterly delicious (and completely nutritious) recipes, nutritional advice, info on everything from ‘how much should my child be eating’ to how to stock a freezer, it’s provided us with a lot of ‘what the hell do I cook today?’ inspiration. To celebrate, Georgie and Jo (CTH’s chef and nutritionist) have created a ridiculously good fish curry, which is as perfect for children as it is for dinner parties. Enjoy!
“This is such an easy, yet interesting dinner to make in next to no time. It is rich and creamy with a delicious spiced coconut broth. Fish is a fantastic source of lean protein, and salmon provides a welcome boost of Omega 3 fats. Children love the gentle spices, which are packed with antioxidants. This dish can easily be served as a dinner party dish for adults to enjoy, just add a sprinkle of chopped coriander before serving or for a digestive hit a drizzle of kefir cream.”
4-500g Fish – such as cod, haddock and salmon – cut into mouth sized pieces
8-10 frozen king size prawns
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 x can Coconut Milk (approx 400ml)
2 teaspoons curry Powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 large handfuls spinach
2 handfuls of any green veg such as asparagus tips, green beans, sugar snaps, mange tout etc.
1. Place a wok or large saucepan onto the hob, add a large knob of coconut oil and melt at a medium heat. Add in the onions and sweat gently until soft.
2. Next add in the spices and cook out for a few seconds before adding in the coconut milk and stirring all the spices through.
3. When the mixture is bubbling, gently add in the chunks of fish & frozen prawns to poach in the coconut milk. Cook the fish for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. The prawns should have turned from their dull grey colour to a vibrant pink.
4. Finally stir in the green vegetables and spinach and allow both to wilt and cook for a further few minutes.
5. Serve with a bowl of fluffy basmati rice to soak up the delicious coconut curry sauce.